Friday, June 13, 2008

Some things never change...




Dad...great pics!!! It was neat being able to view both of these...from your pic 50 years ago and the picture now. Sure, there have been a few changes from then until now. But one thing has never changed about you dad. And that is this...your love for me has remained constant. You might say, "Of course I love you...you're my daughter." But please know that I don't take the love I have from my parents for granted. I am very thankful for that.

So Happy Father's Day, Dad! Thank you for your constant love, support and encouragement along this journey called life. You may have changed in your looks a little over the years...but your love and example has remained the same. Because of this, God has used you to help "change" me into the woman He wants me to be. (I'm still changing though...He's still workin' on me and it might take a while! :)

Enjoy your day...and we will see you in a couple of weeks.

I love you,
Your favorite daughter

P.S. Be glad I posted these pics...I was going to use the "Italy" one but decided on these instead!!!

No comments:

In my favorite sport, tennis, it really is helpful to have a good serve. It could help you in winning more games. In the same way, life is a lot like that. We need to do our best in "serving" others. Jesus didn't come to be served, but to serve. There are many ways to do this. Just maybe, in our service, God will use us "to win one more" for Him...