Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Guarantees

I guarantee you that the name given to me at birth was Jennifer Dawn Stuckey. I guarantee that my name now is...ready for this...STILL Jennifer Dawn, but has changed to Bycroft.
I guarantee you I was born in Brazil.....Indiana that is.
I guarantee you that my birthday is April 4th. (Just send money...thanks for asking!)
I guarantee you that my biological parents are Larry and Pat Stuckey. (I hope so anyway...I'm gonna be "jacked up" if I find out differently!)
I guarantee I have 2 brothers...Jeff and Jon. And I claim them. ("That's nice, get out.")
I guarantee you that I have black hair and brown eyes.
I guarantee you that I have a birth mark on the right side of my face. (I used to hate it, but God put it there, so I'm fine with it now!)
I guarantee you that I have freckles.
I guarantee you that I've been in 26 states. (And yes, mom, I've been to Utah!)
I guarantee you that Corrie ten Boom is no longer living. (Well, in my world she was. Just ask Greg Comp...he knows all about it.)
I guarantee you that I coach and play tennis.
I guarantee you that I take A LOT of pictures...call to make an appointment today!
I guarantee you that I'm hilarious! (And no, it doesn't depend on who you ask!)
I guarantee you that I graduated from high school in 1990...for real, I did.
I guarantee you that I attended 3 colleges, yes 3, and graduated.....from ONE!
I guarantee you that I am married to the BEST man.....for me. His name is Matt...you can read about him here.
I guarantee you that I have the 2 most beautiful daughters in the entire world...Macayla and Rachel. (Don't argue with me on this one...you'll lose.)
I guarantee you that today, we live in Iola...correction, GAS, KS.
I guarantee you that I have the best friends ever! (For anyone that doesn't know them, well, that's just too bad for you, because they really are great!)
I guarantee you that yesterday, it was sunny and warm outside.
I guarantee you that it is raining...right now anyway.
I guarantee it was 11:14...a minute ago. Right now, it's 11:15. I can't guarantee I will make it to 11:16.
It's 11:16 now...I guarantee I made it.

There's a lot of things I can "guarantee" you about. Yet, there's a lot of things I can't. There's a lot of things that I just don't know about. And that can be frustrating and scary at times...the unknown. I just gave you a list of things that I can guarantee...by proof or just by talking to my family and friends. There's one more "guarantee" I haven't shared with you yet, and it's the most important.

I guarantee you that I love Jesus, and am a Christ--follower. I made that decision years ago, and everyday, I do my best to continue that relationship with Him...(tho' I fail so many times!) This morning as I was reading my Bible, I came across a verse that I've read before, but for some reason, I paused on it this time. It's a verse out of Ephesians. "And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession-to the praise of his glory." (1:13-14)

I don't know about you, but that's reassuring and comforting to me! In this world, where there are so many uncertainties and "well, I can't guarantee it"...this is absolutely one thing that we, as Christians and possessors of the Holy Spirit, can guarantee. My present salvation is guaranteed, and my inheritance (Heaven) is something that I can look forward to! So in your days of the "no guarantees", just remember this verse. That's something that you can count on...I guarantee it!

Oh yeah, one more thing...
I guarantee you that this is my social security #...
(Are you crazy?? I'm not that stupid...I went to 3 colleges, remember?? :)

No comments:

In my favorite sport, tennis, it really is helpful to have a good serve. It could help you in winning more games. In the same way, life is a lot like that. We need to do our best in "serving" others. Jesus didn't come to be served, but to serve. There are many ways to do this. Just maybe, in our service, God will use us "to win one more" for Him...