Monday, November 24, 2008

How much do you love?

Every now and then, I write a little note to the girls and secretly pack it in their lunches. I don't do it every day, simply because I want to surprise them. I always have fun doing it, and the girls usually comment on them when they get home.

There's this one note, though, that has special meaning for me. One day last year when Rachel was in kindergarten, I put a note in her lunch that said, "I Love You". Simple, but it has so much meaning. Later when I was cleaning out her lunchbox, I found the note that I had given to her earlier that day. As I took the note out, it brought tears to my eyes. Well here, let me just show you...



















In case you can't see this clearly, I also had written on the back of the card, "Have a great day, Rachel! I love you! Mommy". Sometime during Rachel's day at school, she had written on the card back to me, "I Love You More". Ok...I'm crying again just even typing this!

How much do you love? I know I love my husband and girls with ALL of my heart. It's humbling to think that when Rachel saw those words, that she would respond back to me with, "I Love You More". But that's how much she loves. She's unashamed about it and when Rachel loves, she loves deeply. Again, I ask you, "How much do you love?" If you were face to face with Jesus right now and he said to you, "I Love You"...would your response be, "I Love You More"?? This has really made me stop and think, because my lips may say it, but my actions don't always show it. I know how much love Jesus has for me. After all, I am His child. And we all know how much we love our children...that's a lot of love. But He loves us more, don't you think? Our love fails at times, but His never does. Here's my prayer..."Jesus, thank you for just how much you love me, and I do love you...but help me to love you MORE!"

"...to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ..."
Ephesians 3:18

No comments:

In my favorite sport, tennis, it really is helpful to have a good serve. It could help you in winning more games. In the same way, life is a lot like that. We need to do our best in "serving" others. Jesus didn't come to be served, but to serve. There are many ways to do this. Just maybe, in our service, God will use us "to win one more" for Him...