Monday, December 8, 2008

Rachel's solo

Out of the whole first grade class, our youngest daughter Rachel was chosen to sing "Silent Night" at this year's school program. She is our "shy" child, so we weren't sure if she was actually going to be able to do it. But she did, and she did it very well! It was one of those proud moments for Matt and me. For those of you that know her well, it might just bring a tear to your eye...

By the way, the whole class "hums" the song first, so hang on...she will get to her solo part!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Rachel! That was amazing!
-Karis, Tae and Kim

Anonymous said...

Okay, yes I did cry...I won't even try to deny that.
-Aunt Michelle

lindsey said...

she did a wonderful job! i hope that your family is enjoying this time of year!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Rachel, that was awesome. Made me cry. Can't believe how much you have grown since kindergarten. I hope you are keeping Mrs. Linn in line!!!
:-)
Mrs. Smedley

Luke Heim said...

She did wonderful! I can imagine how proud you were.

I would have been one of those kids behind her that couldn't stand still! I had (and still have!) trouble with my attention span :-)

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Rachael.....that was awesome! Wow how you have grown up since I saw you last. Good Job!! Love ya, Tammy

In my favorite sport, tennis, it really is helpful to have a good serve. It could help you in winning more games. In the same way, life is a lot like that. We need to do our best in "serving" others. Jesus didn't come to be served, but to serve. There are many ways to do this. Just maybe, in our service, God will use us "to win one more" for Him...