Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Iola Fillies Tennis..."The Only Team"


Front Row: Valeree Winslow, Coach Jenn Bycroft (me!), Amanda Carr
Back Row: Erika Taylor, Kirti Gandhi, Preeya Patel, Maria Baker


So this is my varsity team that went to Regionals. We got 2nd place out of 5 teams. Not bad. There were two regionals that took place that day...one at Parsons (the one we were at) and one at Independence. That makes a total of 10 teams that played in regionals that day. Out of those 10 teams, we are the only team that advanced all of our players to Sub-State. Again...not bad, huh??

Needless to say, I am pretty proud of this year's team. I've been coaching girls high school tennis now for 3 years. I would have to say, this has been the most successful year so far. It's encouraging to see improvement over the years.

We didn't have anyone make it to State, which is kind of a bummer. But for now, I'm choosing to focus on the season that we had and be proud that we were "the only team". In my opinion, that's quite an accomplishment!


By the way, more tennis pix from the season to come...

No comments:

In my favorite sport, tennis, it really is helpful to have a good serve. It could help you in winning more games. In the same way, life is a lot like that. We need to do our best in "serving" others. Jesus didn't come to be served, but to serve. There are many ways to do this. Just maybe, in our service, God will use us "to win one more" for Him...