Monday, October 27, 2008

1st date...

So today, October 27, is the anniversary of my 1st date with Matt...way back in 1994! Math was definitely not my major, but my calculations say it's been 14 years. Pretty sweet, huh??

Matt, this isn't news to you...but I love you! "God bless this broken road that led me straight to you"...when I hear that song, I think of you. Thanks for never giving up on me, thanks for choosing me for your life-partner...you're the best and I couldn't imagine my life without you in it. I just knew there was something special about you. That, and you are the only one that can put up with me! :) So to many more years of love, commitment, hard times, good times, friendship, laughter, serving one another, and continuing to raise our girls to love and obey Jesus...

4-ever you and me...
Jenn


P.S. And for the record, YOU held my hand first and YOU kissed me first...not the other way around like you've always told people! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize your first date was today - neither of us have forgotten our "first date" either, although way back on Jan. 11, 1957 (many moons ago!!!!). I still remember what I wore...

Anonymous said...

yes i did hold your hand first and kiss you first and am very proud of the fact. thanks for the many good years. i look forward to many, many more. love with all my heart.

In my favorite sport, tennis, it really is helpful to have a good serve. It could help you in winning more games. In the same way, life is a lot like that. We need to do our best in "serving" others. Jesus didn't come to be served, but to serve. There are many ways to do this. Just maybe, in our service, God will use us "to win one more" for Him...